DEVELOPING THE BEST PEOPLE & TEAMS
Our Mission: To improve the lives of patients worldwide...
Be Science Based
Our success depends on superior scientific innovation and continuous improvement in all aspects of our business through the application of the scientific method. Applying the scientific method in all parts of the organization is expected and highly valued.
Compete Intensely and Win
We compete against time, past performance and industry rivals to rapidly achieve high quality results. Though we compete intensely, we maintain high ethical standards and demand integrity in our dealings with competitors, customers, partners, and each other.
Trust and Respect Each Other
We attract diverse, capable and committed people and provide an environment that fosters inclusion, respect, individual responsibility and values diversity. Trust is strengthened through personal initiative and by obtaining quality results rapidly.
Quality is a cornerstone of all our activities. We seek the highest quality information, decisions and people. We produce high quality products and services. We are committed to the highest worldwide regulatory and quality standards.
Work In Teams
Diverse, cross-functional, global teams working together generate the best decisions for clinicians, patients, employees and shareholders. Our team structure provides opportunities for Volcano employees to impact the direction of the organization, to gain broader perspective about other functions within Volcano and to reach their full potential.
Collaborate, Communicate and Be Accountable
Volcano employees seek input and involve key stakeholders in important decisions. Once a decision is made, the leader and members of the team will be accountable for the results and for implementing the decision rapidly. As realists, we understand circumstances may change and require us to revisit previous decisions. We invite and embrace change and view it as an opportunity for further continuous improvement.
Volcano seeks to create a diverse culture where Volcano employees can have a safe, positive and meaningful work experience. We seek a motivating work environment that allows satisfaction in accomplishments, fosters personal development, and provides opportunities to build strong relationships.
Create Value for Clinicians, Patients, Employees and Shareholders
Volcano creates a work environment that provides opportunities for employees to reach their full potential. We strive to provide shareholders with superior long-term returns while balancing the needs of clinicians, patients, employees and shareholders.
Through innovation and dedication to our values, we seek to provide the means for superior therapeutic solutions that enable patients to live long fulfilling lives.
- Charts the Course
- Translates the business strategy into challenging, actionable objectives and plans
- Conveys a sense of purpose and mission that motivates others
- Maintains direction, balancing big-picture concerns with day-to-day issues
- Develops Best People and Team
- Recruits and retains high-performing individuals and develops successors for key positions.
- Builds diverse and empowered teams
- Provides honest and constructive feedback on an ongoing basis
- Acts as a Role Model
- Lives the Volcano values and sets expectations for others to do so
- Displays self-awareness and seeks self-improvement
- Demonstrates technical mastery of the job
- Develops insightful strategies based upon deep knowledge of external and internal operation environments
- Champions opportunities for change and innovation
- Has the courage and judgment to take appropriate risks
- Delivers Results
- Consistently achieves results in line with Volcano values
- Establishes high performance standards, uses measurable goals to track progress, and continually raises the bar on performance and expectations
- Focuses their organization on high-impact activities by clearly communicating expectations, accountabilities and responsibilities
- Conducts periodic, reality-based, results-focused operation reviews and drives quick corrective actions