Finally, a Self-Centering Filter
- Symmetrical spiral design centers filter automatically in vessel lumen
- Bi-Trieval™ Technology – Designed for either jugular or femoral deployment and retrieval. This is twice the retrieval options of other filters.
- Tissue anchors are designed to optimize for fixation and to limit penetration
- Trans-luminal filtration design provides complete coverage and filtration across the vessel lumen
- ePTFE filter web is designed to trap large thrombi
- Nitinol wire form provides appropriate radial force to cover vena cava range 17-28 mm
- Controlled filter placement via preloaded, low profile, over-the-wire delivery system
Key Features Of The Crux® Vena Cava Filter
Delivery Catheter For The Crux® Vena Cava Filter
MRI SafetyThe Crux Vena Cava Filter is MR Conditional.
- Static magnetic field of 1.5 Tesla (1.5T) or 3.0 Tesla (3.0T).
- Maximum spatial gradient field less than or equal to 25 T/m (2,500 G/cm).
- Maximum specific absorption rate (SAR) of 2 W/kg in normal operating mode for 15 minutes of scanning at 1.5T and 3.0T.
- In gradient echo and spin echo sequences, the image artifact extends approximately 8 mm from the Filter.
Download the Crux Retrieval AppThe Crux Vena Cava Filter Mobile Application is intended to serve solely as a reminder and informational tool regarding your filter. It allows you to upload physician contact information and to set reminders to follow-up with your physician to determine if your filter should be retrieved. It also provides certain limited information about the filter itself.
DISCLAIMER: This application is the copyrighted property of Volcano Corporation. It has been approved by Volcano Corporation only for the use of Crux Vena Cava Filter patients and their clinicians. Please contact Volcano Corporation if you wish to use this application for any other purpose.
RETRIEVE Clinical Study Journal Summary Crux® VCF Clot Trapping Bulletin Letter Crux® VCF Data - First 800 Implants
Crux® Vena Cava Filter Case Review
Stephen T. Kee, M.D. FSIR
UCLA Medical Center
Crux® Vena Cava Filter Case Study
Crux® Vena Cava Filter Placement for Recurrent Pulmonary Embolism
Frank R. Arko III, MD
Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute
Carolinas Medical Center
Crux® Vena Cava Filter Deployment
Crux® Vena Cava Filter Deployment & Retrieval
Click on a file name below to view the PDF document. Crux® Vena Cava Filter Ordering Information For The Crux® Vena Cava Filter Patient Implant Card
For more information on Volcano Products, please click here.
For product IFU files, please click here.